Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chunky Pages!

I'm still working on a couple of projects I can't post pictures of yet, but in the meantime I wanted to share some things I've made last year...we'll start with- Chunky Pages! I had so much fun making these! They were for a swap & each of my partners picked a theme that I had to use when making my pages.
This is the first chunky page I ever made, entitled "In the Stars". The theme was astrology.

Background is painted, the picture is cut out from Cardano's Cosmos & colored, can't remember where I got the hand from..then I added some stickers & punched a hole in the corner, through which I tied some ribbon & a moon charm. & here's the back:
Next up is one of my favorites. The theme was Edward Gorey & I named this one "Death at Sea".
 
I used the letter "M" from Gorey's book, "The Gashlycrumb Tinies", & replaced the character's name with my partner's username. You can't really tell from this picture but the girl is stuck onto the page with foam dots so she stands out. 
 
Hope you liked them; I'll share more another day!

1 comment:

Terri Kahrs said...

LOVE these pages! I'm so happy you stopped by my blog on the magic carpet tour! Good luck in my drawing. Hugs, Terri