Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Catching Fall

Where has this month gone? I last posted in the first week of November, with the intention of blogging a lot more this month...but somehow that didn't happen. There was a lot going on for me; mainly, I started working again & it's a retail job so around the holidays the store is very busy & I've been working overtime. One of the other reasons I haven't been blogging as much, you'll find out soon! But for now, the last day of November, I wanted to share a recent project. I had to use old pictures because I haven't gotten my Thanksgiving pictures printed yet & wanted to give you an idea of what it would look like finished but didn't want to wait til December to post it!
The printers tray is by 7 Gypsies, papers, banner & word stickers by Lily Bee Design & the other stickers are K&Company. Here's some in progress shots & close ups:
First I cut my papers (& cardboard) to size & adhered to the tray.
Then added what is probably my favorite part of the whole thing: a leaf doily (from Dollar Tree). I positioned  it over the tray where I wanted it to go & drew a light line with a pencil so I knew where to cut & adhered the pieces one section at a time.
 The 'i am thankful' envelope was made from a piece of kraft cardstock; I simply traced a coin envelope & added a notch to the top. In this picture you can also see a better view of one of the banners. I stuck the Lily Bee stickers to cardstock to make them more sturdy & cut them out. Then I punched holes in the two top corners of each & joined them together with these K&Company brads in the shape of acorns & leaves. Aren't they adorable?
 This is what's inside the envelope. I thought these stickers were perfect to write what we're thankful for. Jose has yet to fill his out, but he told me he's thankful for his family & pets too. :)
 The paper with the 'piles of smiles' sticker on it, in the top left of the tray, is actually an accordion fold booklet that will hold some more mini pictures from this month. The pictures, envelope & booklet are adhered using pop dots so they pop out a little.
 I'm still pretty shocked November is over already, though the light snow we had on Thanksgiving definitely got me excited for winter & Christmas. Next project: December Daily. :)

3 comments:

Kübra said...

ehe i love it

Keshet said...

Love the details and the fun fall colors!

Sandy Ang said...

What a great way to display cherished photos and little keepsake journalling.