Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Making Memories Passport Page Kit" Cards

We're supposed to be hit by Earl tomorrow.
 
"A TROPICAL STORM WATCH CONTINUES FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS... SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD... ESSEX... HUDSON... UNION... SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER... NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)... BRONX... RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)... KINGS (BROOKLYN)... QUEENS AND NASSAU." ~weather.com

I think we live far enough from the water to have any real damage & live in an apartment so don't really have to worry. I wouldn't mind my store being closed though...but that's wishful thinking because it never closes! I'm looking forward to it cooling down a little- we also had an Air Quality Alert for today, which means that the ground level ozone was exceeding unhealthy standards; we spent the whole day inside, Cinnamon didn't even get to go on his walks. 
He actually spent most of the day sleeping & so did Jose. I was working on a Halloween mini book that I want to enter in a challenge at The Studio. I got most of it done, just need to add some finishing touches & I'll be able to link it up tomorrow, just in time for the deadline! But more on that another day...tonight I wanted to share a set of cards I made from the Making Memories Passport Page Kit. I picked this up on sale at Target a while back & I've been hoarding it ever since! I've never used just items form the same collection but I thought it would be a fun challenge for myself to see if I could make 4 different cards (& not only travel based ones). This kit turned out to be pretty versatile. Here's what I came up with:
I decided I did need to do some kind of travel card & I thought a 'happy honeymoon' card would be cute. Wedding cards are so overrated. ;) The tag was actually a sticker which I stuck down on some cardstock & then cut out so that I would use foam dots to attach it. I also tried to do a little cluster with some other stickers & the flower.
This one is my favorite of the four. I'm starting to really like using flowers on cards & layouts!
I liked that the colors in this collection were soft enough to use on a baby card, though I'm not totally happy with how it turned out.
Lastly I made this simple thank you card. I tried to do some layering here, though it's hard to tell because I layered with stickers & paper. Here's a picture of what was included in the kit:
The only supplies I added was the ribbon (which is also Making Memories), the "diecut tape" from the Dollar Tree (love that stuff!) & the brad (K & Company i think) & button (also MM). Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: