Monday, March 21, 2011

A Major Makeover

For my blog, that is. (I suppose I could use one too but this is cheaper!) I used a template & clip art from Pugly Pixel, textures & polaroid frames from fuzzimo, and Stamp Act & Impact Label for the fonts. (Thank you all so much for allowing free use of your resources!) I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Along with the visual makeover, there will also be a content makeover. I recently took Elsie's 'Blog Love' e-course & I've been thinking about what makes me love the blogs I read & here's what I've come up with:

* regular posting
* cute pug photos
* tutorials
* links to resources
* 'top ten' posts
* crafts!
* vintage stuff
* giveaways!

Based on this list, I'm implementing these changes:

~ I will post 4 times a week- I promise! Not planning on specific days at the moment, but at least 4 times, every single week!
~ At least once a week you will see a new picture of Cinnamon (maybe sometimes a peek of the cats too).
~ I will craft more often & share at least one new project a week (this doesn't seem like a lot compared to some of my favorite blogs but I don't want to set myself up for failure from the beginning so I'm starting slow!)
~ I'll do a weekly 'fave five' trends, products, books, accessories, etc. post.
~ I will have more giveaways! (Check back Friday for the first one!)
~ & since I've labeled myself an aspiring entrepreneur, once a week I will be sharing my experience in trying to start a business, from blog posts I've read to good websites or books. This will also be a good diary of sorts, for me to (hopefully) see how far I've come, in the future.


So, there you go. New blog, new plan; I'm so excited!

No comments: